Avocado and Chickpea Mash Salad
- 2 Ripe Avocados, peeled seeded and cut in half
- 1-14 oz. can of Chickpeas
- Fresh Baby Spinach, Kale, Arugula or Greens of choice
- 1/4 Cup of Chopped Red Onion
- 1/4 Cup of Crumbled Feta
- 1/4 Cup of Shelled Chopped Pistachios
- 2/3 Cup of Avocado Oil or Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbs. of Chopped Fresh Dill
- 1 Tsp. of Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Of Salt
- 1 Tsp. of Dijon Mustard
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients for dressing until well blended.
- Drain Chickpeas in a colander. Rinse well under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Coarsely mash chickpeas either in a Food Processor fitted with a metal blade or use a potato masher.
- Add chopped red onion, crumbled feta, chopped pistachios. Blend with approximately 1/4 cup of dressing or more to taste. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Lightly toss greens with dressing. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Place greens on individual serving plates. Top with half avocado.
- Fill cavity of avocado with chickpea mash. Sprinkle chickpea mash over seasoned greens. Drizzle avocado lightly with dressing. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
Blue Heron Promotions Inc. © 2017. All rights reserved.